MTCM 2023 Timetable
Thursday, October 19, 2023
The meeting will take place from 17:00-18:00 hours, race pack may be picked up as early as 4 pm.
The location will be at the Mercure Chiang Mai Hotel at 183 Changhuak Rd, Tambon Si Phum, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200.
STAGE 1 – MAE ON LOOP
Friday, October 20, 2023
- From 06:00 AM – Sign in at 700th
Anniversary of Chiang Mai Stadium
- 07:00 AM – Rolling start
- 08:00 AM – Restart @ Plewthip Bakery
- Peloton 1: Open A and B
- Peloton 2: 30-39 and 40-49
- Peloton 3: 50-59 and 60+
- Peloton 4: Women Open and 35+
STAGE 2 – CIRCUIT RACE @ CMRU CAMPUS
Saturday, October 21, 2023
Due to roadworks on our “traditional” route, we had to reroute this stage – still at the same location, of course. The new course will be approximately 4km long, so each age group will do a few more laps to achieve more or less the same total distance as previous years. Find the exact description and routes on our revised STAGES 2023 page.
Start times | number of laps for each group for stage 2, circuit race @ Chiang Mai Rajabhat University (Mae Rim Campus):
- 07:30 AM – 50-59 & 60+ & Women Open & 35+ | 8 laps
- 08:30 AM – Open A | 12 laps
- 09:30 AM – 30-39 | 10 laps
- 10:30 AM – 40-49 | 10 laps
- 11:30 AM – Open B | 10 laps
If you are riding there from downtown Chiang Mai or back it is about 30 km or 1 hour each way. Find your Strava or Komoot routes here…
Those who booked the “Race fee with Full Package” options will have vans waiting for them 01:45 hours prior to their start times at the Kantary Hills Hotel Chiang Mai. Another van will bring them back post race right after the trophy ceremony. For detailed information follow our WhatsApp group “MTCM 2023 Full Package”
STAGE 3 – TOP OF SAMOENG
Sunday, October 22, 2023
- 06:00 AM – Sign in at SHELL Rajaphruek gas station (49 หมู่ 12 ต Nong Kwai, Hang Dong District, Chiang Mai 50230)
- o7:00 AM – Rolling start will be per peloton at Shell Rajaphruek gas station, restart by flag down after approx 3 km
- 08:45 AM – First riders to reach finish line @ top of switchbacks
- 10:00 AM – Trophy ceremony at Thachang Hill Café, 3 km back down from finish line.
- 11:00 AM – Rolling back downhill to Chiang Mai. Those who booked “Race fee and full package” will have the option of descending back to the valley by van. Please inform us if you wish to ride instead of being taken by van.
STAGE 4 – CLASSIC: ITT TO DOI SUTHEP
Monday, October 23, 2023
- Start lists will be available by 3 pm on Sunday, October 22, 2023 (TBC).
- Start location is in front of Chiang Mai Zoo.
- 07:00 AM – First rider starts
- start intervals will be 30 seconds
- anyone missing his slot misses the time trial
- start order per age group:
- 1. Women Open
- 2. Women 35+
- 3. Masters 60+
- 4. 50-59
- 5. 40-49
- 6. 30-39
- 7. Open B
- 8. Open A
- start order within age group: in reverse order of GC ranking after stage 3
- 09:30 AM – Trophy ceremony at finish line
- 10:30 AM – End of Masters Tour of Chiang Mai 2023